If you’re preparing to hire seasonal employees, give these interview questions a try. These interview questions are a good starting point to develop your interview guide for seasonal jobs.
Sample Interview Questions to Ask Seasonal Job Candidates
- Why did you apply for a seasonal job? What attracted you to the position?
- This job requires that you work on __________ days during _________ hours. Are you available to work this type of schedule?
- Tell me what you know about our [company, brand, product or service]. How does working here on a seasonal basis work with over all goals?
- What are your plans for after the season is over?
- During our busy season, we experience a lot of _______. Can you tell me about a time you had to deal with a similar situation, how you handled it and what was the outcome?
- One of our most important core values as a business is __________. We expect all employees, permanent and seasonal to demonstrate this value to our clients. In previous jobs or volunteer roles how have you demonstrated __________?
- What do you like about working in/with _______? (Example: What you like about working with children? Or What do you like about working in retail?)
- How important is it to you to follow through with your commitments. Can you give me an example of a time when you did not want to follow through on a commitment but you did anyway?
- Working together well on a team is very important. Tell me about a time when you joined a new team or group at work, school or elsewhere, that required you to build relationships quickly in order to be successful.
- Can you give me an example of a time you had to learn something new either on a job or at school quickly. How to go about learning it?
Are you Hiring? | Hire the Best Employees | Jacksonville Works
enables you to find and hire hourly employees. Our job posting plans
are designed to meet your hiring needs. Create your employer account
and post jobs easily. Get started now!