If you’re preparing to hire seasonal employees, give these interview questions a try. These interview questions are a good starting point to develop your interview guide for seasonal jobs.
Sample Interview Questions to Ask Seasonal Job Candidates
- Why did you apply for a seasonal job? What attracted you to the position?
- This job requires that you work on __________ days during _________ hours. Are you available to work this type of schedule?
- Tell me what you know about our [company, brand, product or service]. How does working here on a seasonal basis work with over all goals?
- What are your plans for after the season is over?
- During our busy season, we experience a lot of _______. Can you tell me about a time you had to deal with a similar situation, how you handled it and what was the outcome?
- One of our most important core values as a business is __________. We expect all employees, permanent and seasonal to demonstrate this value to our clients. In previous jobs or volunteer roles how have you demonstrated __________?
- What do you like about working in/with _______? (Example: What you like about working with children? Or What do you like about working in retail?)
- How important is it to you to follow through with your commitments. Can you give me an example of a time when you did not want to follow through on a commitment but you did anyway?
- Working together well on a team is very important. Tell me about a time when you joined a new team or group at work, school or elsewhere, that required you to build relationships quickly in order to be successful.
- Can you give me an example of a time you had to learn something new either on a job or at school quickly. How to go about learning it?
About Jacksonville Works
is a community job board. At Jacksonville Works
, we are on a mission to help local employers find great local employees. We are locally owned, locally operated and committed to helping business owners in Jacksonville hire. To get started, post your job.