Patient Financial Counselor- Jacksonville Florida
Cancer Specialists of North Florida is recruiting for an experienced Patient Financial Counselor for our busy North Florida location. The Patient Financial Counselor is responsible for insurance verification and eligibility, assessment of patient financial requirements, counseling patients on insurance benefits and co-pays. Obtains and maintains accurate patient demographics. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Ensures all insurance, demographic, and eligibility information is obtained and entered into the system in an accurate manner.
- Performs insurance verification process on all third party payers. Obtains initial and subsequent pro-authorization for services and surgeries.
- Re-verifies benefits and obtains authorization and/or referral after treatment plan has been discussed, prior to initiation of treatment. Ensures appropriate signatures are obtained on all necessary forms.
- Performs financial counseling process and forwards to Billing Office.
- Assists patients in obtaining financial assistance (i.e. grant assistances, drug replacement), and all appropriate forms are filled out.
- Sets payment plans and collects payment plan agreement.
- Assists in maintaining manuals, logs and other required documentation as required.
- Demonstrates as understanding for patient confidentiality to protect the patient and the clinic/corporation.
- Works account balances for any; claim errors or adjustments that might be needed.
- Resolves patient questions and complaints regarding insurance billing and adjusts accounts as necessary. Provides patient documentation for balance explanation.
- All other duties as assigned.
Full Time Position
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of medical business office experience with financial counseling experience.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualification
About Cancer Specialists of North Florida
Are you a clinical professional seeking a challenging and rewarding career in the field of medical/radiation oncology and hematology? Cancer Specialists of North Florida (CSNF), the largest oncology practice in the region, may be the career choice for you!
With 10 community centers across Northeast Florida, ranging from Palm Coast to the Northside of Jacksonville, a new career opportunity at CSNF could be just several minutes from your home. We offer an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance and a 401 k plan and are an equal opportunity employer.