Pharmacy Technician - IV (Jacksonville Florida)
Cancer Specialists of North Florida is recruiting for an experienced IV Pharmacy Technician for our busy North Florida Office. The Pharmacy Tech is responsible for performing the technical, nonjudgmental aspects of medical preparation, distribution, record-keeping, and inventory control. This includes the calculation of dosages, verifying patient information and physician drug authorization, assisting under supervision with compounding or admixing medication, and properly disposing of all materials used. This position is also responsible for the maintenance of records, logs, and MSDS sheets, and for performing any other administrative tasks necessary. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following:
- Assists with the preparation of medication orders by compounding or admixing medications under supervision
- Assist with retail pharmacy medications according to policy.
- Checks all orders for completeness of information; verifies patient information and proper physician authorization
- Checks all orders for insurance approval before admixing
- Under supervision, admixes drugs as ordered by physician in an accurate and timely manner as per department guidelines, and preparing all drugs within OSHA guidelines and interoffice guidelines
- Calculates correct dosages, including the conversion between metric and apothecary equivalents. Calculations are subject to final verification.
- Maintains indigent patient drug program as needed
- Counts controlled drugs weekly and maintain records
- Properly disposes all materials used when mixing chemo or non chemo IV’s
- Cleans hood and/or 797 clean room daily and in between I.V. admixing
- Logs and dates all drugs that are being used, checks drugs monthly for outdates, keeps accurate temperature logs, maintains all logs required by pharmacy policy
- Keeps accurate logs on all protocol drugs and patient assistance drugs
- Maintains proper control documentations, including lot numbers
- Assists with inventory control of medications and other supplies to ensure that standard drug supplies are in adequate supply in all departments; receives and shelves medications
- Completes monthly pharmacy checklist and submits to the central pharmacy
- Receives new drug education to remain abreast of new information
- Maintains confidentially of all information related to patients and medical staff
- Understands and demonstrates aseptic techniques and procedures
- All other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Minimum of three years in a pharmacy with I.V. skills
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Florida registered technician
- I.V. certification strongly preferred
Compensation and Benefits:
- Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications
About Cancer Specialists of North Florida
Are you a clinical professional seeking a challenging and rewarding career in the field of medical/radiation oncology and hematology? Cancer Specialists of North Florida (CSNF), the largest oncology practice in the region, may be the career choice for you!
With 10 community centers across Northeast Florida, ranging from Palm Coast to the Northside of Jacksonville, a new career opportunity at CSNF could be just several minutes from your home. We offer an excellent benefits package including health and dental insurance and a 401 k plan and are an equal opportunity employer.