SCHDULE: Overnight: 10:00pm - 6:30am
POSITION SUMMARY: Expeditor is responsible for, coordinating and distributing daily workflow by applying established processes. Effectively deploys resources to achieve company goals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain safe, neat and clean work area by adhering to SanMar safety regulations.
- Identify and overcome obstacles to achieve daily objectives.
- Understand internal processing schedules and accurately estimate time to complete the job
- Train and coach employees on production guidelines, techniques and safety.
- Interact with other business units throughout the company to achieve goals.
- Adapt and change priorities easily and manage multiple tasks/projects as necessary.
- Complete tasks efficiently while working independently with minimal supervision.
- May be required to operate powered lift equipment.
- Communicate daily with leadership and coworkers to ensure efficient workflow through the department.
- Responsible for checking out equipment and returning in same condition on a daily basis.
- Inspect assigned equipment daily at start of shift.
- Use Radio Frequency (RF) unit in combination with Internal Operating System to perform daily work.
- Read and comprehend labels and other worksheets by following standard operating procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
REQUIREMENTS FOR POSITION:
- Ability to work with and keep a positive, supportive attitude towards the Company, job, customers and co-workers.
- Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion.
- Excellent organization skills; demonstrating the ability to multi-task and prioritize daily responsibilities.
- Ability to learn Internal Operating Systems.
- Ability to work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- May be required to complete and maintain SanMar’s Lift Operator Certification in compliance with OSHA guidelines.
- Demonstrates ability to follow directions and change priorities or job duties as business needs require; rotate to other production functions as needed.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to learn Internal Operating System and operate Radio Frequency (RF) unit.
- Ability to work in fast-paced, high-volume environment while meeting deadlines.
- Able to work both independently and within a team.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Comprehend verbal and written instructions.
- Mandatory overtime as required, which may include weekends.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Prior warehouse/distribution experience required; SanMar DC experience preferred.
- Knowledge of warehouse operations and systems (MS Office, warehouse management system).
- Ability to read, write and have sufficient ability to identify colors, sizes, quantity, label and SKU information.
- Basic math skills in counting and quantity required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to walk and stand. The employee frequently lifts and/or moves up to 60 pounds, reaches with hands and arms, grasps and performs repetitive hand, wrist and arm motions and is required to climb, kneel/squat, bend and carry. The employee may operate powered equipment requiring use of both hands to drive vehicles as well as full range of motion of the neck, head and back. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus Basic literacy is required for lift certification and necessary daily paperwork. The employee must be comfortable working at heights in excess of thirty feet off the ground.
SanMar Corporation has been family-owned since 1971. Based in Issaquah, WA, we are an award-winning, national supplier of 21 retail, private label and mill brands. We supply apparel and accessories to screen printers, embroiderers, promotional products distributors, athletic dealers, industrial launderers and more - whether they are outfitting a Fortune 500 corporation or the local bowling team. SanMar's success and growth can be attributed to one thing - outstanding employees who provide superior services and products to our customers. We promote a culture that acknowledges the importance of a healthy work-life balance, recognizing that happy and relaxed employees make better ambassadors for SanMar. We encourage initiative and participation by creating a casual environment that taps your full potential as an employee.