The Environmental Services Technician is responsible for performing routine manual tasks in maintaining the cleanliness, sanitary conditions and appearance of Museum and grounds. Assist with events, meetings and programs set up and take down.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Cleans bathrooms, offices, hallways and any other assigned areas by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing and
• Empties and decontaminates trash containers;
• Disposes of infectious waste when assigned;
• Moves, rearranges and dusts furniture and fixtures;
• Mixes or blends routine cleaning solutions to proper concentrations as necessary for various tasks;
• Cleans and waxes floors using industrial-size mops and/or machines;
• Strips and polishes floors using buffing machines;
• Washes blinds, windows, and walls with prescribed solutions;
• Sweeps sidewalks, porches and tiled surfaces;
• Painting and patching as needed;
• Operates wet/dry vacuum for cleaning and shampooing carpeted areas;
• Maintains equipment; reports needs for painting and minor building or equipment repair to supervisor;
• Replaces light bulbs and/or reports safety hazards to supervisor;
• Cuts grass, trims shrubs, waters plants and performs other related duties on the grounds when assigned;
• Performs custodial related duties necessary to maintain cleanliness and sanitary conditions;
• Performs many varied custodial tasks necessary for the upkeep of buildings and grounds;
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Assist with installation, tear down and clean up of exhibits
To be successful, an individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent and a minimum of one year experience in a custodial related or customer service field.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to lift and move up to 50 lbs as necessary
• Ability to work with others or independently
• Detail oriented with ability to multitask
• Ability to walk up and down stairs
At MOSH, you can have a career that makes a difference.
We are always looking for hardworking, dedicated employees to help fulfill the Museum’s mission of inspiring lifelong learning.
MOSH provides equal employment opportunities for all applicants and employees. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, ancestry, medical condition, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual preference or any other basis prohibited by federal or state law or local ordinance applicable to our work locations. We also make reasonable accommodations for disabled employees if we are aware of the need for accommodation and if the requested accommodation does not cause undue hardship as interpreted from the ADA/ADAAA.
This policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfer, and social and recreational programs. Finally, we prohibit the harassment of any individual.