Supervises all functions of laboratory, including lab tests, results, recording and reporting.
1. Collects, labels and documents lab specimens. Assures results are back in a timely manner. 2. Documents and records lab results in the patient’s charts in a timely manner.
3. Ensures labs are routed to provider and signed off lab book on a daily basis.
4. Follows up on any lab reports not received.
5. Run all daily controls and maintain log of values.
6. Monitors and calibrates equipment as required by policy.
7. Adheres with all Federal, State and local rules and regulations relating to OSHA requirements, and CLIA.
8. Ensures staff is compliant with OSHA mandates and advises physicians and staff of requirements and updates.
9. Ensures office policies for infection control in handling and disposing of infectious/hazardous waste materials are carried out properly.
10. Provide patient education and instruction, as needed.
11. Answers patient questions, providing information within the scope of knowledge and medical practice policies.
12. Ensures equipment is in proper working condition.
13. Understands use of any system and or computer programs the division uses to provide results to patients.
Functions for Reproductive Medicine
1. Assist the Laboratory Director in maintaining laboratory results and report to Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology (SART).
2. Perform semen analysis and sperm preparation.
3. Responsible for sending specimens to reference laboratories for any testing not performed in-house.
4. Maintains records for appropriate license accreditation, as necessary.
Additional Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Maintains patient confidentiality.
2. Be courteous and cooperative with physician, staff and patients.
3. Cleans and stocks rooms as needed.
4. Orders supplies if requested and verifies accuracy of order.
5. Fill in for other personnel as needed.
6. Supervise other back office personnel as required.
7. Follows North Florida policies.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
9. May be responsible for maintaining Material Safety Data Sheets.
Extensive decision-making skills, with regards to patient care, OSHA and venipuncture and laboratory training.
A minimum of Bachelor of Science Degree from an accredited institution with a chemical, physical, or biological, science as the major subject. Prefer trained medical assistant or equivalent medical office experience. OB/GYN experience preferred. Must be compassionate and caring with excellent patient and customer service skills. Capable of working under pressure, follow instructions accurately. Willing to work the bench and be a hands on person in a team work oriented setting where intellectual interaction and commitment to offering cutting edge service and excellent patient care is top mission.
For Reproductive Medicine - a Florida Medical Laboratory Technician license is a minimum requirement. Preferably a Florida Medical Laboratory Technologist license with a subspecialty listed for Andrology.
HIPAA Minimum Necessary Standard: A lab coordinator will have access to all medical and computer records within their division where she is providing services to perform the functions of her job.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to stand, walk and sit. Must use hands and fingers with fine motor skills, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, talk and hear, taste and smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
OSHA Classification group: Employee Group One - offer the Hepatitis B vaccine within 10 days and receive the complete infection control training