Cashier/Server- Jacksonville Florida
Southern Grounds is a chef driven coffee house serving a seasonally fresh menu in a fast past, team oriented, high volume, guest centric environment. Ready to join our concept. We are opening two more locations in Jacksonville and and one in St Augustine. Send us your resume. Opportunities for growth, advancement and Continuing education.
We are looking for Cashiers/Servers who will be responsible for taking orders from and serving food to customers. Duties will mostly include taking food and drink orders, and ensuring that tables are served properly and that all payments are collected.
To succeed in this role, you will need to have a positive attitude and ability work well under pressure with bussers, cooks and other staff. Previous work experience involving customer service in a fast-paced environment is greatly desired.
- Take food and drink orders from customers accurately and with a positive attitude.
- Enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Engage with customers in a friendly manner.
- Knowledge of the menu, with the ability to make suggestions.
- Ensure tables are enjoying their meals and take action to correct any problems.
- Collect payments.
- Help food preparation staff when necessary.
Server Requirements: * Experience providing excellent customer service in a fast-paced environment.
- A positive attitude and ability work well under pressure with bussers, cooks and other staff.
- Able to perform high-quality work while unsupervised.
- Able to handle money accurately and operate a point-of-sale system.
- High school diploma.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced work environment and deliver orders in a timely manner.