Cook- Jacksonville Florida
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Accurately and efficiently cook food products as well as prepare and portion food products prior to cooking. Also perform other duties in the areas of food and final plate preparation.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares a variety of food items utilizing flat top grills, char-broiler, cook top, waffle baker, Panini press and fryer.
- Assumes responsibility for quality of products prepared and served.
- Knows and complies consistently with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to assure a smooth service period.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station area including all cooking equipment and refrigeration equipment.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set up for all dishes.
- Handles, stores and rotates all products properly.
- Assists in food prep assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Opens and Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing the kitchen.
- Assists in routine kitchen cleaning and maintenance.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
- Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively in the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Must have exceptional grooming habits.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE 6:00 am to 4:00 pm EVERYDAY INCLUDING HOLIDAYS.
- Full time applicants must consider Keke's as their primary place of employment.
- All Employees must have dark blue jeans with a black belt and black non-slip shoes on the first day of work.
- Keke's must be your primary place of employment.