SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Provide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to provide our guests with exceptional service, while assisting co-workers to do the same.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Welcome guests as they enter.
- Greet guests upon arriving at the table. Make all our guests feel comfortable and let them know you’re there to personally take care of them.
- Inform guests of specials and menu changes. Be knowledgeable of meals and substitutions.
- Make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Answer questions about our food, beverages and other restaurant functions and services.
- Take food and beverage orders from guests, enter orders in our point-of-sale system as soon as possible.
- Prepare coffee and tea when line assistant is not present to provide assistance.
- Prepare toast when toast assistant is not present to provide assistance.
- Deliver food and beverages from kitchen to guests in a timely matter. May receive additional assistance from line assistant and/or toast assistant when necessary.
- Perform side work at the start and end of each shift as required by service station assignment.
- Maintain clean service areas. Tables, seats, floor and window or wall should be cleaned thoroughly after each guest.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience. Ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service. Respond promptly and courteously to any requests.
- Prepare final bill, present check to guest, accept payment, process credit card charges or make change (if applicable).
- Be ready and willing to assist co-workers as situations arise.
- Pre-bus your tables and assist bus person with final clearing and cleaning of tables. Busser will be provided to assist during busy periods.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Be available to fill in as needed to ensure the smooth and efficient operation of the restaurant as directed by the restaurant manager or immediate supervisor.
- Be able to working in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 6 hours).
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively in the predominant language(s) of our guests.
- Must have exceptional grooming habits.
- Possess excellent basic math skills and have the ability to operate a cash register or POS system.
- MUST BE AVAILABLE 6:00 am to 4:00 pm EVERYDAY INCLUDING HOLIDAYS.
- Full time applicants must consider Keke's as their primary place of employment.
- All Employees must have dark blue jeans with a black belt and black non-slip shoes on the first day of work.
- NO VISIBLE TATTOOS (When wearing a short sleeve polo shirt).