We are looking for friendly folks like you to join our team! Metro Diner is known for warm, welcoming service, familiar faces, and award-winning food. At Metro Diner, “simply delicious” defines our food and 100% Guest Satisfaction is our main priority. We don’t just speak about our culture – we live and breathe it every day – it’s who we are!
Cooks are a key part of Metro Diner’s success. It is your responsibility to prepare food products according to Metro Diner recipes using a variety of processes, equipment, and utensils. Metro Diner’s kitchens are our showpieces so it is essential to always keep your station clean.
- A great team that’s waiting for you to join!
- A family-oriented business model
- Competitive benefits
- Paid vacation
- Long-term career growth
- A commitment to prepare food products according to Metro Diner recipes using a variety of processes, equipment, and utensils
- The willingness to comply with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen policies and procedures
- The ability to maintain a clean, organized, and sanitary work area
- The understanding that proactively restocking food items reduces ticket times
- The motivation to consistently adhere to company productivity and labor goals
You might also have:
- Experience as a Cook in a fast-paced work environment
- Skills in communicating with fellow Cooks and other Team Members to ensure orders are produced efficiently with minimal ticket time
- Knowledge of proper rotation of inventory and FIFO system
- Working experience in organizing and labeling shelves, equipment, and ingredients
- Motivation to seek cross-training and professional development in other functional areas