Prep Cook-Jacksonville Florida
We are looking for friendly folks like you to join our team! Metro Diner is known for warm, welcoming service, familiar faces, and award-winning food. At Metro Diner, “simply delicious” defines our food and 100% Guest Satisfaction is our main priority. We don’t just speak about our culture – we live and breathe it every day – it’s who we are!
Prep Cooks are a key part of Metro Diner’s success. It is absolutely critical that you prep all food products according to Metro Diner recipes using a variety of processes, equipment, and utensils. Metro Diner’s kitchens are our showpieces so it is essential to always keep your station clean.
- A great team that’s waiting for you to join!
- A family-oriented business model
- Competitive benefits
- Paid vacation
- Long-term career growth
- An understanding of prepping food products according to Metro Diner recipes using a variety of processes, equipment, and utensils
- A commitment to utilizing the recipe book at all times, regardless of familiarity with the dish being prepped
- The willingness to comply with our standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen policies and procedures
- The motivation to ensure that refrigerators, freezers, and dry storage areas are organized and clean, and items are properly sealed, labeled and dated
- The ability to maintain a clean, organized, and sanitary work area
You may also have:
- Experience as a Prep Cook in a fast-paced work environment
- The initiative to correct any prepping errors in a professional manner
- Attention to detail to promptly report equipment and food quality problems
- Knowledge of proper rotation of inventory and FIFO system
- Awareness to monitor inventory levels at all times and inform Kitchen Manager of product shortages