Accounts Receivable- Jacksonville Florida
HOURS: 8am - 5pm M-F
To resolve customer problems that prevent payment on customer accounts. Contact customers with delinquent balance accounts. Attempt to secure payment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Initiate contact with customers using telephone, e-mail and/or websites to secure payment information and resolve any issues preventing payment.
- Explain terms of shipments and order details to resolve non-payment issues.
- Learn the reasons for non-payment and understand the steps necessary to bring them to resolution.
- Coordinate with internal company departments to resolve problems preventing payment by ordering necessary documents and/or information for customer.
- Monitor on a daily basis the credit limits of customers and notify the Credit department of any Issues/problems. Notify agents of their over credit limit amount.
- Maintain complete, accurate and organized records of account activity via system notes, e-mails and memorandums. Retain documentation until the issue is resolved.
- Provide Excel reports to management as required or requested.
- Communicate with agents, providing detailed information, such as paperwork and/or customer specific requirements, which is needed to resolve the non-payment issue.
- Complete bad debt, agent charge back and revenue adjustment forms as necessary throughout the collection process.
- Use tools such as Google, State websites, etc., to confirm customer locations, relationships between customers and agents that is preventing payment from being issued to Landstar.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Some prior Accounts Receivable experience, in a professional environment required
- Call center experience, preferred
- Working knowledge of Windows, Word, Excel required
- Data entry skills 88 kpm, required
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Ability to identify trends via analysis as well as implement appropriate action to resolve proactively, timely, and effectively
- Critical thinking-- using logic and reasoning to identify alternative solutions or approaches to resolve problems.
- ISeries 400 experience, preferred
- Basic accounting skills with strong analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task, providing details to management in a clear, concise, timely manner.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum Education: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required
- Minimum Experience: One to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Years’ Experience for full proficiency in role: Six months
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to read, write, and speak English.
- Ability to speak Spanish, a plus.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.