The Dispatcher reports to the Service Manager and is responsible for the efficient and timely scheduling of service calls to exceed customer expectations. Initiative, tact, integrity are essential to achieving departmental and corporate goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Maintain excellent oral and written communications skills, including the ability to work with all personnel levels, customers and suppliers, being proactive in building customer relations.
· Perform in a team environment maintaining efficiency, promoting safety, maintaining company image and improving personal skills.
· Schedule calls for service technicians in the most efficient manner possible matching the jobs according to the expected complexity of the call against the experience and ability of the available technicians.
· Excellent computer skills a must for data entry of customer information, service calls and follow-up notes.
· Excellent telephone demeanor to handle heavy commercial and residential customer service via telephone. Resolve customer complaints in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner, projecting a professional and customer-friendly attitude. Assist with mediating customer disputes, notifying supervisor when appropriate.
· Track preventative maintenance contracts and schedule service accordingly.
· Assist in the interaction and negotiation with suppliers and vendors on issues pertaining to parts performance, reliability, pricing and availability to ensure prompt and timely receipt of material as well as the best price.
· Type correspondence, maintain files, format proposals and data sheets, sort and distribute mail, answer and screen telephone calls, order supplies, complete expense reports, and input data from time sheets.
· Assist in the management of equipment, special tools, vehicles and stock room for the Department.
· Manage the necessary administrative records and controls to protect the interests of the corporation and the customer, to include prompt and accurate invoicing. Develop the ability to assist supervisor to market and sell service jobs, contracts, and bids face-to-face and on the phone.
· Attend regularly scheduled meetings, training sessions and off hours training classes as required to maintain up to date information. Adhere to company policies.
· Support corporate goals, mission and vision.
Weather Engineers has proudly serviced Jacksonville residents and businesses since 1963. As a local family owned business, we always strive to put the customer first. Our commitment is to provide our neighbors with one point of contact for all of their indoor air comfort needs.
Our founder, James “Griff” Griffin Sr. started his distinguished career from humble beginnings. Since then, Weather Engineers has been one of the most trusted brands in the commercial and residential HVAC industry.
Today, the prominence of Weather Engineers rests with “Griff’s” family: Daniel, Kayla and Jamie Griffin, as well as the rest of our dedicated team. We have been working together for years to bring our customers top-tier customer service and indoor comfort – when they need it the most.
We have been growing our business day in and day out since 1963, in an effort to deliver unparalleled quality and comfort in installing and servicing all types of heating and air systems.
“The best reason for properly functioning, well maintained A/C is to avoid breakdowns when it’s needed the most” – Dan Griffin, President
“That’s why they’re successful. Work ethic. That’s all it is.” – Roy Colson
We wholeheartedly believe that the price of success is hard work. Nothing more, nothing less. Being dedicated 24/7, and sheer determination to results. Applying the best of ourselves to the task at hand, regardless of the circumstances.
Our 56 year old roots were firmly set in place by James Griffin, Sr. Humble beginnings, from one truck and a desire to succeed we’ve now grown to encompass more than 40 vehicles and almost 100 team members. We have maintained our position as leaders in the local home comfort market by constantly leveraging technological innovations to better serve our customers with high-efficiency equipment to decrease costs, increase reliability and make them more comfortable when it matters the most. We have stood together, fought through the rough times and have come out at the other end as the best A/C and heating company in the region.