The VPK Teacher is responsible for providing early childhood education at the prekindergarten program which will prepare children for elementary school by developing the children’s vocabulary, social skills, and behavior
· Structures a developmentally appropriate educational experience in the classroom using methods such as storytelling, games, and activities.
· Teaches students to follow rules and procedures in the classroom and school.
· Monitors students’ progress throughout the year and evaluates preparedness for kindergarten.
· Communicates all progress and concerns with tact and professionalism to parents and the director.
· Builds and maintains positive relationships with parents.
· Enforces safety and security standards for children, staff, and visitors.
· Maintains required paperwork for individual student files, attendance and incident reports, and other necessary records.
· Maintains knowledge of research, developments, and best practices in early childhood education.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· General knowledge of early childhood development principles and developmentally appropriate educational practices.
· Enthusiastic personality that will engage preschool children.
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with adults and children.
· Ability to collaborate and communicate with teachers, support staff, parents, and students in a positive and constructive way.
· Excellent organizational skills.
· Ability to plan, manage, and evaluate curriculum.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software as required for recordkeeping and documentation.
Education and Experience:
· Must have a Child Development Associate degree (CDA Required)
· Minimum of one year of previous experience as a teacher or a teacher’s assistant preferred
· Must have completed the 45 hours of childcare training, as required by Florida DCF
· Must undergo a Level 2 background check, that includes a live scan fingerprinting process through the FDLE and FBI
· Prolonged periods standing and walking throughout the classroom.
· Must be able to lift up to 45 pounds at a time.
· Must be able to sit and stand on the floor throughout the day, and bend, kneel, or squat to be at eye level with children.
Road To Success Academy strives to provide quality childcare for children. We believe in providing programs that truly enhance the emotional, social, physical and intellectual growth of young children. We are able to do this through the efforts of our staff who are dedicated to quality care and, most importantly, love children.