Lead Teacher - YMCA Programs, Jacksonville Florida
Develops, implements and coordinates quality programs, safe activities, and participant satisfaction for YMCA Of Florida's First Coast's Grant programs. Assumes full responsibility for the welfare, supervision and safety of the children enrolled in the program.
- Completes and maintains necessary records on student academics program.
- Works collaboratively with Principal and school teachers to provide appropriate academic assistance to students.
- Provides lesson plans or assists with lesson planning for academic program.
- Track student progress by use of pre-tests, mid-year tests and post-tests, as well as with the use of benchmark testing used by the school.
- Maintains consistent communication with Site Director on quality and effectiveness of program.
- Maintains positive relationship with Site Director and TEAM UP staff.
- Present the YMCA mission and vision to staff, students, school community and parents.
NOTE: This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
Communication: Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
Decision Making: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Innovation: Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Project Management: Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in meetings.
Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
- Teaching Certificate required.
- At least two years professional classroom experience with children of preschool age.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Strong personal relations skills.
- Practices caring, respect, faith, honesty, and responsibility.
- Knowledge of general YMCA programs, philosophies, and objectives.
- Ability to work in and resolve conflict situations.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and high energy.
- Time management skills necessary to meet deadlines.
- Must pass a Level 2 Background Screening. Level 2 is a fingerprint check of state and federal criminal history information conducted through the Florida Department of law Enforcement (FDLE) and Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI).
Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities.
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 3 hours a day
A job at the Y gives you opportunities to explore future career pathways with an organization that’s invested in helping you reach your potential – all while making a positive impact right here on the First Coast.
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedule
- YMCA-provided uniform
- Complimentary YMCA membership
- Exclusive discounts on Y programs and services
At the Y, we work hard to create communities we all want to live in – where everyone has access to the opportunities and resources to help them achieve health, gain confidence, make connections and feel secure at every stage of life.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and believe in welcoming and celebrating all characteristics that make us different.
FIND YOUR PURPOSE.
We’re looking for people who share our values and exhibit the attributes of CARING, HONESTY, RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY to join us and do their best work. When you join our team, you’re finding a place to be, belong and become. You have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people in your neighborhood and create a lasting impression on someone that they will carry for the rest of their life, whether it’s teaching someone how to swim, being a role model for kids in camp, or helping someone reach their wellness goals. Because, at the Y, you’re not just finding a job — you’re finding your purpose.