Join us. We could use someone like you!
Can you imagine going to work knowing that what you do each day positively affects the lives of the people in your community?
Working at the Y, you’ll discover more than a job—you’ll enjoy a career with a future and the opportunity to make a lasting difference in the lives of those around you.
If you are a person who wants more than just a job, who wants your efforts to have an impact on your community and who wants to work in a welcoming and positive environment, then you are someone we’d like to work with us. Join us!
Works directly with members who seek small group or individual fitness attention to achieve their wellness goals. Assists new members with basic fitness program design and wellness information.
1. Works to improving the health and well-being of the community the YMCA serves.
2. Improves member safety and enjoyment.
3. Generates personal training revenue through cutting edge individual and small-group training sessions.
4. Encourages member interaction.
5. Contributes to the Daxko Engagement % for the branch.
6. Provides hands-on wellness services including orientations, fitness assessments, post- rehabilitation and adaptive wellness.
7. Meets established goal for Fast Forward Fitness appointments.
8. Contributes to the branch member retention rate.
9. Develops small-group interaction through planned and spontaneous programming.
10. Ensures the cleanliness of facilities and equipment.
11. Articulates the Y's mission in order to provide assistance to all and participates in the annual campaign.
12. Acts professionally. Maintains accurate weekly time and attendance records. Adheres to dress code, attendance, and punctuality standards.
13. Completes annual trainings in a timely manner (Redwoods, CPR, First
NOTE: This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Values: Accepts and demonstrates the Y's values.
Community: Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others.
Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Functional Expertise: Has the functional and technical knowledge and skills required to perform well; uses best practices and demonstrates up-to-date knowledge and skills in technology. Professional knowledge of systems and processes.
1. Required certifications: CPR, First Aid, AED
2. Nationally recognized accredited personal training certification from approved YMCA list upon hire.
3. YMCA Healthy Lifestyles certification within 60 days of hire (available through Leadership University).
4. Wellness 101 within 60 days of hire (available through Leadership University).
1. Eyesight (with or without correction).
2. Hearing (with or without correction).
1. Communicate both orally and in writing.
2. Lift up to 50lbs.
At the Y, we work hard to create communities we all want to live in – where everyone has access to the opportunities and resources to help them achieve health, gain confidence, make connections and feel secure at every stage of life.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and believe in welcoming and celebrating all characteristics that make us different.
We’re looking for people who share our values and exhibit the attributes of CARING, HONESTY, RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY to join us and do their best work. When you join our team, you’re finding a place to be, belong and become. You have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people in your neighborhood and create a lasting impression on someone that they will carry for the rest of their life, whether it’s teaching someone how to swim, being a role model for kids in camp, or helping someone reach their wellness goals. Because, at the Y, you’re not just finding a job — you’re finding your purpose.