Camp Enrichment Lead - Literacy, Jacksonville Florida
This position will focus solely on Literacy. Responsible for executing pre-planned lesson plans of Literacy based activities for youth in Summer Day Camp at assigned locations. Camp Enrichment Lead will be stationed at 1 or more summer camp locations, where groups of children would rotate through an enrichment activity lead by our Camp Enrichment Lead Staff.
- Coordinates and Leads planned enrichment activities while being engaged with children.
- Maintains all materials and supplies for activities.
- Ensures quality and cleanliness of supplies and assigned areas.
- Coordinates and participates in a variety of activities for the campers, organizes activities and promotes participation.
- Monitors the activities to ensure safety of participants; instructs campers and staff in proper methods for operating tools; monitors and directs behavior at all times to ensure compliance with camp rules.
- Serves as a positive role model to children and maintains a positive relationship with Camp Director, Camp Counselors, and children.
- Attends required staff meetings.
- Maintains consistent communication with Camp Director and/or Senior Program Director on quality and effectiveness of program.
- Maintains positive relationship with Camp Director, Camp Counselors and Children.
- Maintains accountability and inventory of all materials and supplies; orders or purchases needed supplies and materials as approved.
- Operate with daily exposure to the sun and heat and varying environmental conditions
- Performs other duties as assigned.
YMCA Competencies (Leader):
Inclusion: Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinion, and perceptions.
Relationships: Builds rapport and relates well to others.
Communication: Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
Decision Making: Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
Innovation: Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Project Management: Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in meetings.
Quality Results: Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Emotional Maturity: Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships.
- High School Diploma required.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience facilitating activities to children.
- CPR, First Aid, AED certifications and Child Abuse prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Previous experience working with children in a developmental setting preferred.
- Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate/developmentally appropriate program activities.
- Previous experience with diverse populations. Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Strong personal relations skills.
- Practices caring, respect, faith, honesty, and responsibility.
- Knowledge of general YMCA programs, philosophies, and objectives.
- Ability to work in and resolve conflict situations.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and high energy.
- Time management skills necessary to meet deadlines.
- Ability to speak any language in addition to English may be helpful.
Ability to plan, lead, and participate in activities. Ability to work in an outdoor setting when required.
A job at the Y gives you opportunities to explore future career pathways with an organization that’s invested in helping you reach your potential – all while making a positive impact right here on the First Coast.
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedule
- YMCA-provided uniform
- Complimentary YMCA membership
- Exclusive discounts on Y programs and services
At the Y, we work hard to create communities we all want to live in – where everyone has access to the opportunities and resources to help them achieve health, gain confidence, make connections and feel secure at every stage of life.
We are committed to diversity and inclusion and believe in welcoming and celebrating all characteristics that make us different.
FIND YOUR PURPOSE.
We’re looking for people who share our values and exhibit the attributes of CARING, HONESTY, RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY to join us and do their best work. When you join our team, you’re finding a place to be, belong and become. You have the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of people in your neighborhood and create a lasting impression on someone that they will carry for the rest of their life, whether it’s teaching someone how to swim, being a role model for kids in camp, or helping someone reach their wellness goals. Because, at the Y, you’re not just finding a job — you’re finding your purpose.