Tom Nehl has a full-time Warehouse Associate position available at our Jacksonville, FL site.
Tom Nehl, the undisputed best heavy-duty truck dealership in Northeast Florida and South Georgia, is looking for experienced and qualified Warehouse associate to join our Parts Department. Tom Nehl represents multiple manufacturers, including Freightliner; Volvo; Western Star; Isuzu; Sprinter; Capacity; Detroit; Caterpillar; and Cummins.
Tom Nehl Truck Company provides a very competitive wage. In addition, we have a full benefit package which includes the options for medical, vision, employer paid dental insurance, HSA with an employer contribution, FSA, $20,000 employer paid life insurance, optional life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans. We offer paid time off and seven paid holidays per year.
- Ability to read production schedule, customer order, work order, shipping order, or requisition to determine items to be moved, gathered, or distributed.
- Responsible to sort and place materials or items on racks, shelves, or in bins according to predetermined sequence such as size, type, style, color, or product code.
- Assemble customer orders from stock and place orders on pallets or shelves or conveys orders to packing station or shipping department; mark materials with identifying information; open bales, crates, and other containers; maintain inventory controls by collecting stock location orders and printing requests.
- Ability to compile worksheets or tickets from customer specifications.
- Transport materials between warehouses by means of truck, forklift, and golf cart.
A successful candidate will thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess an average computer proficiency, be self-motivated with excellent verbal and written communication, and display an attention to detail.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Previous warehouse experience is preferred.
- Valid driver license with a good driving record and the ability to maintain it.
This position may include long hours spent standing, walking, bending, lifting, climbing, reaching, and stretching. There will be occasional lifting and/or moving up to fifty (50) pounds. It will require repetitive motions of the hands, wrists and elbows, and will be expected to operate motorized equipment. This position will require a flexible schedule and periodic overtime, as needed.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We will consider all qualified applicants for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, sex, religion, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
We are a Drug Free Workplace. Each candidate must successfully complete a drug screening and various background investigations, including criminal history reports, before employment.