Jacksonville Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is seeking hard working Housekeepers to join our facility. The primary purpose of your job is to perform the day-to-day activities of the environmental Services Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility, and as may be directed by the Administrator, and/or the Director of Environmental Services, to assure that our facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
· Ensure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as practical.
· Report all accidents/incidents to your supervisor no matter how minor they may be. (NOTE: Such occurrences must be reported on the shift in which they occur.) Coordinate daily environmental services with nursing services when performing routine cleaning assignments in resident living and or recreational areas.
· Attend departmental and staff meetings as directed or called. Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments. File complaints/grievances with your supervisor.
· Maintain documentation, such as cleaning logs, as directed.
· Report burned out light bulbs, exit lights, overhead lights, fluorescent lights, room call lights, etc., to your supervisor as soon as practical.
· Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc., as directed or requested. Clean work/supply carts, equipment, etc., as necessary or directed.
· Ensure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end of the shift.
· Housekeeping Services Perform day-to-day housekeeping functions as assigned.
· Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work assignments.
· Empty and sanitize ash trays daily. (NOTE: Ash trays must be emptied into appropriate metal containers with self-closing cover devices.)
· Clean/polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room heating/cooling units, etc., in resident rooms, recreational areas, etc. daily as instructed.
· Clean, wash, sanitize, and/or polish bathroom fixtures.
· Ensure that water marks are removed from fixtures.
· Clean windows/mirrors in resident rooms, recreational areas, bedrooms, and entrance/exit ways.
· Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping, disinfecting, etc. (NOTE: Ensure that appropriate caution/safety signs are properly set up prior to performing such duties.)
· Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, deodorizing, and disinfecting. Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
· Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
· Clean hallways and stairways.
· Discard waste/trash into proper container and reline trash receptacle with plastic liner. Clean vacant rooms as assigned.
· Ensure that work/assignment areas are clean and that equipment, tools, supplies, etc., are properly stored at all times, as well as before leaving such areas for breaks, meal times, and end of the work day.
· Perform isolation cleaning procedures in accordance with established infection control procedures.
· Discard infectious wastes into appropriate containers.
Must possess, as a minimum, an 8th grade education. No previous experience required.
Must possess and maintain an “Eligible” ACHA Background Screening status.
Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel, and the general public.