Communities In Schools After School Program is sponsored by the Kids Hope Alliance who
partners with the Duval County Public School system to provide innovative after-school academic enrichment activities to selected local schools.
The main focus of the academic component is to strengthen the student's academic ability. After School teachers assist with project-based
learning, homework completion, provide tutoring for high-risk students who have been identified below grade level performance and/or below average test scores
in language, reading, math and/or science and teach reading and math strategies in creative ways.
· Implements the academic component and completes lesson plans.
· Supervises the children and engages them in activities.
· Understands the program objectives and program design.
· Facilitates Project Based Learning activities as outlined in the grant.
· Keeps and checks attendance at every transition point.
· Submits weekly lesson plans to Site Coordinator/Lead Teacher.
· Develops and implements academic plans that are designed in a fun, positive, interactive format and support academic
· Requests needed materials and makes sure they are available to implement lessons.
· Works with after school team to create a collegiate, productive, upbeat and positive environment.
· Encourages study groups, pairing academically talented students with those needing assistance.
· Attends staff meetings and checks personal folder daily for communication from program director or other colleagues.
· Obtains required training set by the grant.
· Signs in and out daily.
· Communicates monthly with parents and teachers of home group students.
· Attends field trips with home group.
· Communicates daily with the Lead Teacher.
· Works with janitors and students to assure that room is in good order at the end of the evening and is ready for the next
· Follows school board policies.
· Performs any other duties as assigned by the Site Coordinator.
Open Requirements/Supplemental Information This position is part-time working approximately 6 hours per week.
Must pass all background screening.
· Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution with · At least two years' experience working in educational programs with
· Valid state Certified teacher required.
· First aid and CPR certification required within 30 days of appointment and must be maintained.
· Completion of the Department of Children and Families (DCF) 45 hour initial training must be completed within the first year of employment.
· Bilingual preferred.
· Must pass background screening on a local, state and federal level as required by the State of Florida Children and Family Services (DCPS).
· This classification performs safety-sensitive functions and is subject to pre-employment, random and other drug/alcohol testing programs as set forth in
the City of Jacksonville's Drug Free Workplace Policy (Directive 0401).