We're growing...Do you have a passion for hosting a party? Are you decisive and thrive on making memorable moments? Join the Marketing Team as the award-winning Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens?
We believe in serving our entire community for a better tomorrow. For more than 100 years, we have tackled critical issues surrounding animal and plant conservation, inspired appreciation of wildlife, and delivered educational curriculum through innovative experiences. Be part of those innovative experiences by joining the culinary team at the award-winning Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens. We are a full-service venue offering catering, space rentals, and a variety selection of food for every appetite in our restaurants.
Event Coordinator (Part-Time)
Self-motivated individual will assist Venue Rental and Event Managers with the planning and organization of all events to deliver memorable experiences. Primary role to assist with on-site events, set-up, and tear down and hosting/coordinating birthday parties. The responsibility includes touring site locations, staging, hosting event, and resetting area. Problem solving and customer service are important to ensure quality of each event is delivered to exemplary customer satisfaction. Provide support across activation areas before and during special events. Our zoo operates 7 days a week, 364 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00 AM while some may end as late as 12 AM.
Why join our family and enjoy some of the following benefits...
- Free, Zoo membership with many discounts.
- We’re committed to giving you growth opportunities to help you reach your career goals.
- Available to work weekends
- Experienced in event logistics and planning for at least one year
- Creative with problem-solving abilities and solution driven
- Customer service oriented
- Respectful disposition always
- Exceptional with attention to detail
- Efficient with time management and organization
- Excellent at verbal, written, and personal communication skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment
- Able to adjust to accommodate clients and team members as necessary
Diversity and equality as a value
Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens embraces diversity in a meaningful way and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of a person's actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, weight, or height.
About Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens
Our mission is to foster understanding of the interaction of people, wildlife, and their environment by:
- Creating experiences that engage our guests
- Providing fun and innovative educational opportunities
- Funding operations, expansion, and programs through an entrepreneurial spirit with public and private partnerships
- Instilling passion in the next generation as responsible stewards of the future
“Inspiring discovery and appreciation of the Earth’s wildlife through innovative experiences in a caring environment.”
Awards & Recognition
For more than 100 years, we have tackled critical issues surrounding animal and plant conservation, inspired appreciation of wildlife, and delivered educational curriculum through innovative experiences. We are proud to be recognized both on a local and national level as a leader in education and conservation of the world's plants and animals.
AZA Accredited For More Than 30 Years
Since 1987, Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens has been an accredited AZA member. The accreditation process includes a detailed application and a meticulous on-site inspection by a team of trained zoo and aquarium professionals. The inspecting team observes all aspects of the organization’s operations, including animal care and welfare; keeper training; visitor, staff and animal safety, educational programs; conservation initiatives; veterinary programs; financial stability; risk management; and more. AZA accreditation is valid for five years and then the accreditation process is repeated to ensure all standards and best practices are being upheld. Accreditation standards are updated every year.