Would you like to be part of safety and security for a better tomorrow? Come join us at Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens, the number one visited attraction in Northeast Florida!
We believe in serving our entire community for a better tomorrow. For more than 100 years, we have tackled critical issues surrounding animal and plant conservation, inspired appreciation of wildlife, and delivered educational curriculum through innovative experiences. We believe in serving our entire community for a better tomorrow. Transforming an award-winning attraction into an intimate setting for unique experiences, Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens delivers the best of Jacksonville like no other destination Be part of a dedicated to team providing safety and security for our employees and guests experience.
Safety and Security Lead
Under the direction of the Safety and Security Manager this position will ensure professional safety and security procedures throughout the park for guests and employees. The right candidate has a background to lead, train, schedule, investigate and exercise the safety and security to maintain day-to-day operations. You are proven professional with strong verbal and written communication skills, with a minimum of two (2) years in the security/ranger field. This position requires current certification(s) and/or willingness to complete the trainings; First Aid, CPR, AED, 10-Hour OSHA General Compliance and FEMA Professional Development series for emergency and follow safety protocol. This role will be on grounds and available to work during special events that occur outside of regular work schedule, including evenings, weekends, holidays, and all designated high priority Zoo events.
Why join our family? Enjoy some of the following benefits...
- Free, Zoo membership with many discounts.
- We’re committed to giving you growth opportunities to help you reach your career goals.
- Tuition Reimbursement for eligible employees.
- Low-cost medical/dental benefits and retirement plan match program.
Do you have…
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience in the security/ranger field?
- A minimum high school diploma or equivalent?
- Strong communication skills?
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office?
- A valid Florida Driver’s License?
- Flexibility to be onsite for disaster-response duties and responsibilities?
- Must be able to remain on feet for long periods of time.
- Must be able to transverse zoo grounds on foot or in a motorized cart.
- Must be able to stoop, bend, lift, kneel, crawl, climb, jump, and carry objects for short distances.
- Must be able to lift and reach overhead, carry 50 lbs. without difficulty.
- Work in adverse weather conditions.
Inclusion, diversity and equality as a value
Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens embraces diversity in a meaningful way and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of a person's actual or perceived race, color, ancestry, national origin, place of birth, sex, age, religion, creed, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, weight, or height.
EOE / DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
About Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens
Our mission is to foster understanding of the interaction of people, wildlife, and their environment by:
- Creating experiences that engage our guests
- Providing fun and innovative educational opportunities
- Funding operations, expansion, and programs through an entrepreneurial spirit with public and private partnerships
- Instilling passion in the next generation as responsible stewards of the future
“Inspiring discovery and appreciation of the Earth’s wildlife through innovative experiences in a caring environment.”
Awards & Recognition
For more than 100 years, we have tackled critical issues surrounding animal and plant conservation, inspired appreciation of wildlife, and delivered educational curriculum through innovative experiences. We are proud to be recognized both on a local and national level as a leader in education and conservation of the world's plants and animals.
AZA Accredited For More Than 30 Years
Since 1987, Jacksonville Zoo and Gardens has been an accredited AZA member. The accreditation process includes a detailed application and a meticulous on-site inspection by a team of trained zoo and aquarium professionals. The inspecting team observes all aspects of the organization’s operations, including animal care and welfare; keeper training; visitor, staff and animal safety, educational programs; conservation initiatives; veterinary programs; financial stability; risk management; and more. AZA accreditation is valid for five years and then the accreditation process is repeated to ensure all standards and best practices are being upheld. Accreditation standards are updated every year.