Employee Applicant Privacy Notice
Who we are:
Shape a brighter financial future with us.
Together with our members, we’re changing the way people think about and interact with personal finance.
We’re a next-generation fintech company using innovative, mobile-first technology to help our 2+ million members reach their goals. The industry is going through an unprecedented transformation, and we’re at the forefront.
We’re proud to come to work every day knowing that what we do has a direct impact on people’s lives, with our core values guiding us every step of the way. Join us to invest in yourself, your career, and the financial world.
SoFi is offering a $500 Sign-On Bonus! Once you complete your first 30 days, you will be GIVEN $500!
We are kicking off a new rotation program within Lending Operations that will enable team members to learn a handful of roles while contributing to different areas of the Lending business! This is an exciting opportunity for anyone who thrives in a fast-paced environment and is passionate about helping Members adopt and engage with our products.
The Originations Specialist will complete up to three phases within a two-year period. Each phase will consist of a training period followed by a ramp-up period. Following training, performance will be measured in terms of quality, application conversion, productivity, efficiency and Member relationship management. The rotation will include the following:
- Member Support: In the first phase, you will provide best in-class service to SoFi members over phone, chat, SMS and email through 1:1 interactions that are initiated by the member or the Specialist. You’ll work with a handful of internal teams to assist dozens of members per day with Lending questions and needs. This is an exciting and fast-paced role.
- Application Review (W2 income): In phase two the role will expand into Lending Application Review. Following a training period that consists of classroom time, shadow time and a nesting period, you will execute sound and consistent origination decisions within established credit authority and approval guidelines, in compliance with SoFi policies and procedures. You will continue to spend 40-50% of your time providing direct 1:1 support to our members through primarily phone and chat, with a focus on items needed to complete an application.
- Application Review (Self Employment): This will be similar to phase two, but with more complex financial profiles. Again, you will split your time between Application Review (50-60%) and providing 1:1 support to Members.
At the completion of the rotation, you’ll have the option to continue to work across the three phases or branch off into another area of Originations including, but not limited to, Inside Sales, Account Conversion, Funding and Product Partnership.
What you’ll do:
- Respond to customer inbound inquiries via phone, chat, and email regarding Student Loan and Personal Loan applications. Take ownership of resolving member inquiries and attempt to foresee causes of additional inquiries. Provide timely follow up to all outstanding items
- Demonstrate empathy, professionalism, top-notch problem solving skills, relationship management
- Follow compliance and regulatory guidelines in order to protect sensitive information and meet the member needs
- Share insights with teammates regarding the root causes of member inquiries, concerns and complaints. Advocate on our members’ behalf to improve our products, operations and policies
- Clearly document Member interactions using selected templates where appropriate
- Review applications pursuant to credit policies and procedures- including analyzing credit reports, analyzing income from various sources excluding self-employment and verifying documents provided by applicants
- Verify identity, income, and other required documentation
- Perform outbound outreach to applicants and work with the applicant and the Operations team to successfully move applications through the process to funding
- Prepare and present applications that may be eligible for credit exceptions to relevant teams
- Develop strong knowledge of internal processes and procedures to ensure the quality of loan system data and the adequacy of paperless loan documentation
- Perform ad hoc duties as assigned
What you’ll need:
- A strong connection to the SoFi Mission and Values
- A passion for helping others, for solving problems under time pressure, for personal finance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Google products, data visualization tools, customer service tools and admin tools
- To be a self starter, able to multitask seamlessly work independently applying analytical skills required to manage reviewing tasks
- Able to learn, retain and apply new information quickly
- Able to identify trends in your day-to-day work, in a spreadsheet, in a series of charts/graphs and connect those trends to a possible root cause
- To establish productive working relationships with co-workers, management and clients
- Professional demeanor and strong work ethic, high accuracy and strong attention to detail
- Decision making skills (experience making decisions, uncovering needs)
- College degree desired. High school diploma or GED required
- Ability to work alternative schedules: evenings, early mornings, weekend days. Some bandwidth for overtime as the need arises
Compensation & Perks:
- $18.50/hour and a 10% quarterly discretionary bonus
- Awesome Core Benefits - Medical/Dental/Vision
- Strong Family Support Benefits - Care.com/Maven/Modern Health etc
- Fantastic PTO/Holiday/Paid Leave Programs
- Student Loan and Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
Why you’ll love working here:
- Competitive salary packages and bonuses
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- Generous vacation and holidays
- Paid parental leave for eligible employees
- 401(k) and education on retirement planning
- Tuition reimbursement on approved programs
- Monthly contribution up to $200 to help you pay off your student loans
- Great health & well-being benefits including: telehealth parental support, subsidized gym program
- Employer paid lunch program (except for remote employees)
- Fully stocked kitchen (snacks and drinks)
*These benefits are only applicable to full time employees
SoFi provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, breastfeeding, and conditions related to breastfeeding), gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, age (40 or over), physical or medical disability, medical condition, marital status, registered domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military and/or veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable state or federal law.
The health and safety of our employees and their families is our top priority. Due to the ongoing nature of the COVID-19 pandemic, and because unvaccinated employees pose a direct threat to the health and safety of others in the workplace, effective on November 1, 2021, U.S. employees must be fully vaccinated to work from any of our offices, travel for business or attend work-related meetings.
The company will make reasonable accommodations when possible for employees who are unable to be vaccinated because of a disability, pregnancy, sincerely held religious belief, or for other legally required reasons..
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Due to insurance coverage issues, we are unable to accommodate remote work from Hawaii or Alaska at this time.