Style is never in short supply at our more than 500 HomeGoods stores and we are constantly on a mission to provide the little surprises and extra touches that make a house feel like home. Same with working here. Our environment is ever-changing, yet always encouraging. Every shift is a new opportunity to Discover Different.
Posting Notes: HomeGoods Store 0781 || 11824 Atlantic Blvd. Suite 300 || Jacksonville || FL || 32225
Responsible for maintaining a clean and organized store environment with a focus on floor care. Responsibilities include the operation of the scrubber and buffer, dust mopping, damp mopping, sweeping, vacuuming, dusting, and spot cleaning glass and windows. Adheres to all operational, merchandise, and loss prevention standards. Cross-trained to work in multiple areas of the store in order to support the needs of the business.
- Role models established customer experience practices with internal and external customers
- Supports and embodies a positive store culture through honesty, integrity, and respect
- Maintains all floor care cleanliness standards including the maintenance and operation of the scrubber and buffer
- Maintains all organizational, cleanliness, and recovery standards for the entire store, e.g. Sales Floor, Single Queue, Associate Lounge, Backroom and Restrooms
- Adheres to all company policies concerning Health and Safety (includes the refilling of all essential items in the Lounge, Restrooms and Front End)
- Cross-trained in other areas of the store (Backroom, Front End, Sales Floor, etc.)
- Supports and responds to all Front End coverage needs
- Adheres and upholds merchandising philosophy and signage standards
- Initiates and participates in store recovery as needed throughout the day
- Adheres to all operational and loss prevention controls in accordance with company guidelines and policies including shrink reduction
- Communicates accurately and effectively with management and Associates
- Adheres to all labor laws, policies, and procedures, including Associate meal and break period policies
- Participates in safety awareness and maintenance of a risk-free environment
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Excellent customer service skills
- Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Physical stamina to perform cleaning tasks and run floor buffer and scrubber
- Capable of handling multiple tasks at one time
- Able to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
- Strong communication skills; verbal and written. Listens and responds appropriately
- Capable of lifting heavy objects with or without reasonable accommodation
- Team player, working effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
- Retail customer experience preferred
At HomeGoods, we embrace the unknown - with new products, new challenges and new ways to make a house a home. Our products add little, special touches to customers' lives and our people do the same for each other. Everyone supports each other to Discover Different - here and throughout the entire TJX family, which includes TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Sierra, and Homesense.
Discover Different means we embrace each other’s differences and unique perspectives. We consider all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status. We also provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: HomeGoods Store 0781 || 11824 Atlantic Blvd. Suite 300 || Jacksonville