The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens seeks Part-time Visitor Experience Associates to join the Visitor Experience team. The successful candidate(s) will create an excellent visitor experience by providing a welcoming environment and outstanding customer service to the Museum visitor through information sharing about all aspects of the Museum. The Visitor Experience Associate will assist people of all abilities in a professional, courteous manner that aligns with the Museum’s service standards, brand promise, and core values.
• Support the Museum’s mission, vision, and values by exhibiting the following behaviors: excellence and competence, collaboration, innovation, respect of the individual, commitment to our community, accountability and ownership.
• Welcome all visitors in an engaging manner.
• Ensure a welcoming, inclusive, & memorable environment for a diverse range of guests and visitors.
• Advise and direct all visitors to museum amenities, exhibitions, programs, events, and membership.
• Ensure appropriate follow up on visitor requests.
• Engage in conversation with visitors about the Museum and its collections. Continues to learn about Museum collections and exhibits, including but not limited to attending relevant training.
• Plan and lead gallery talks/tours for visitors at the Museum • Handle visitor complaints with respect and efficiency.
• Answer main switchboard with proper etiquette and assists with guest calls accordingly.
• Maintain kiosk of collateral materials available for visitors and tours.
• Maintain clean lobby area especially front desk/register.
• Know fire, safety and emergency policies and procedures
. • Collect accurate visitor information through point of sale software systems • Prepare daily deposits.
• Record museum attendance
. • Handle basic membership functions including selling new and renewed memberships, entering correct constituent information in Altru, printing membership cards and accompanying letters, and adding reciprocal stickers
. • Administer visitor data collection as needed
. • Provide check-in at special events and programs.
• Handle the Museum’s Charitable Gift Membership tasks.
• Perform other job duties as assigned. Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• High school or equivalent required. Some college preferred
• Coursework in the field of Art History preferred 03-2022
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office 365 (Word, Excel and Outlook), or ability to learn new software quickly.
• Knowledge of basic office skills including basic math and proper cash handling procedures
• Flexibility and respect for cultural diversity.
• Ability to provide superior customer service
• Ability to communicate effectively and with diplomacy when interacting with public, donors, staff, volunteers, and vendors
• Ability to work independently or with others as needed
• Ability to handle the stress of high visitor demand
• Must be available at least 16 hours per week including any three of the four busiest shifts at the Museum; Tuesday evening, Friday evening, Saturday, and Sunday. In addition, a minimum availability of 4 weekend days per month is required.