Front of the House Manager, General Manger and/or other members of the management team depending on store structure.Job SummaryProvide friendly, responsive service to create an exceptional dining experience for all of our guests. Each server’s primary objective is to show our guests such a marvelous time, they will want to return.Activities & ResponsibilitiesPrimary
- Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of Legacy Restaurant and its affiliates to include Mellow Mushroom, Burrito Gallery and The French Pantry: To provide a unique and extraordinary experience to all in a manner that earns loyalty from guests and team members.
- Monitor and observe guests dining experience to ensure guests are satisfied with the food and service, and respond promptly and courteously to correct any problems.
- Collect payments from guests.
- Write guests’ food orders on order slips then enter orders into computers for transmittal to kitchen staff.
- Prepare checks that itemize and total meal costs and sales taxes.
- Take food or beverages orders from guests.
- Check guests’ identification to ensure that they meet minimum age requirements for consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Serve food or beverages to guests, and prepare or serve specialty dishes at tables as required.
- Present menus to guests and answer questions about menu items, beverages, and other restaurant functions and services
- Inform guests of menu changes and daily specials, and make recommendations you genuinely feel your guests will enjoy.
- Clean tables or counters after guests have finished dining.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed drinks for guests, and chill bottles of wine.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas to prepare for the next shift or for large parties.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Explain to guests how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters, and take them to kitchen for cleaning.
- Assist host or hostess by answering phones to take reservations or to-go orders, and by greeting, seating, and thanking guests.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash, or checking and cleaning bathroom.
- Bring wine selections to tables with appropriate glasses, and pour the wines for guests.
- Perform food preparation duties such as preparing salads, appetizers, and cold dishes, portioning desserts, and brewing coffee.
- Escort guests to their tables.
- Garnish and decorate dishes in preparation for serving.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Describe and recommend wines to guests.
- Thank guests for their visit and invite them to return.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Provide guests with information about local areas, including giving directions.
Tools & Technology
- Bar code reader equipment
- Cash registers
- Commercial use cutlery
- Credit card processing machines
- Paging controllers
- Point-of-sale receipt printers
- Point-of-sale terminals and workstations
- Touch screen monitors
- Aloha Point-of-Sale software
- Basic knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions
- Basic mathematical skills
- Able to understand and speak using the predominant language(s) of guests
- Able to handle money and operate a point-of-sale system
- Able to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 5 hours)
- Able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food and containers weighing up to 25 pounds