Join a team of more than 25,000 team members, comprised of our home office and over 215 clubs and 3 distribution centers in 17 states. We’re committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their family and home. BJ’s Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow and excel.
Responsible for executing departmental inventory counts, processing, and sorting damaged or defective and/or return to vendor merchandise, reducing salvage, obtaining return authorizations from vendors and re-wrapping sellable merchandise. Works cross-functionally within departments to complete related inventory control responsibilities.
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned. Support the application of club policies, procedures, and compliance.
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable.
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in mind to address all concerns and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each other.
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around us.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the members.
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Work as a team to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening look daily
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside, and out
Know your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial performance reporting for your department
- See the connection between consistent execution and the positive impact it can have on the business
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Works proactively with department teams to track, plan, coordinate and execute department inventory counts control county cycles as prescribed by Home Office within assigned deadlines.
- Follow count processes and procedures.
- Obtains return authorizations from vendors, processes vendor chargebacks, and packages and ships merchandise returns based on vendor return policies.
- Maintains the correct stock / inventory status for all damaged, defective, and returned merchandise.
- Assesses breakage logs associated with leaking, spoiled and broken merchandise and processes merchandise out of inventory. Processes freezer and dairy damages.
- Conducts daily club safety walks in the absence of RTV.
- Understands the company’s community donation programs and administers salvage and donation merchandise orders.
- Executes merchandise protection on designated items.
- Reviews daily return reports, processes merchandise recalls, and processes tire and battery returns.
- Re-wraps sellable merchandise using proper seal and shrink-wrap packaging guidelines.
- Ensures the department is organized and clean. Follows established safety, filing organization, and lock-up standards.
- Enters weekly front door recoveries into case management system weekly or as directed by AP Supervisor.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Must successfully complete required training and certification processes.
- Effective communication, interpersonal, and computer skills.
- Basic math skills required.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about on hard surfaces. Frequently requires bending, climbing, crawling, pulling, reaching, stooping and climbing ladders/step stools.
- Frequently requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance. Requires using a pallet jack to pull and push pallets.
- Exposure to both indoor and outdoor temperatures, as well as occasional exposure to extreme temperatures in freezers and coolers.
- Frequent exposure to hazardous material.
- Forklift training skills optional.