Medical Front Office Coordinator needed for busy ophthalmology office.
You will be the face of the practice so positive upbeat communications skills are a must. Qualified candidates will be knowledgeable of how a medical office flows, detail oriented, and highly motivated. We will educate and train you on our processes but you must have a strong working knowledge of insurance eligibility and verification. Excellent communication and multi-tasking abilities are a must for this fast-paced environment.
Primary functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Welcome all patients and visitors by greeting them in person, answering inquiries and direct them through the registration process
- Register patients, verifying insurance eligibility, and collecting payments through various software systems
- Coordinate scheduling of appointments;
- Obtain insurance referrals and authorizations
- Collect all insurance information, verify patient demographics, process payments, post patient balances and complete phone sheets
- Answer multi-phone lines,filing, faxing, scanning documentation and completing daily patient callbacks
Please only apply if experienced in this position: Requirement:
- High school diploma or GED
- One year of medical insurance and front office medical experience
- Must have knowledge of commercial and Medicare plans including managed care plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must able to work in an environment with constant interruptions without losing focus or composure
- The right candidate will be able to work independently, demonstrate proficiency in verifying insurance, and effectively communicating financial responsibility to patients.
The position is full time, 40 hours/week, pay based on experience and bonuses. Hours are Monday thru Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Offices are located on Marketside Avenue in Ponte Vedra and Beach Blvd in Jackonville. Primary location will be the Jacksonville office but may need to cover other location from time to time. Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical terminology: 1 year (Preferred)
- Computer skills: 1 year (Preferred)