Responsible for providing prompt and courteous customer service, stocking products on shelves, and maintaining aisles clean.
- Provides prompt, courteous and friendly customer service.
- Removes boxes from pallets and places them on shelves as well as opens boxes and removes single items to re-stock shelves
- Rotates merchandise in order to make sure the product does not expire on shelves.
- Organizes and front faces items on shelves
- Perform the proper inspections to meet HACCP regulations
- Assists in the review inventory for product rotation on a daily basis to prevent shrinkage and damages.
- Ensures that shelf pricing is correct and reflects the most recent pricing and market conditions.
- Follows program to maintain the cleanliness of the area by a regular maintenance schedule of scrubbing, and pulling out pallets and cleaning underneath.
- Continuously reviews status of floor for safety hazards. Promptly and safely handles any spills and removes any trash such as plastic wrap, plastic ties, pieces of wood or any other trash gets immediately removed from the floor and discarded appropriately.
- Promptly informs supervisors of any low stock/out of stock merchandise.
- Performs other work-related duties as required and assigned.
- May be required to work in other departments as needed.
Education, Experience and Skills Required:
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers and supervisors
- Basic reading and math skills.
- Commitment to company values and strong customer service orientation.
- Must wear steel toe boots
- Lift/Carry Abilities (measured for maximum or average load)
- Lift strength (0”- 60”) – 50 lbs
- Overhead lift strength – 50 lbs
- Carry strength (50’ or less) – 50 lbs
- Frequent lift/carry (> 12x/hour) – 50 lbs
- Constant lift/carry (> 30x/hr) – 20 lbs
- Horizontal push/pull strength – 500 lbs
- Physical Aptitudes (rated based on level of skill involved)
- Agility/dynamic balance 80-100%
- Finger dexterity – 80-100%
- Manual dexterity – 80 – 100%
- Posture Tolerance (rated based on frequency or time involved)
- Stand/walk – constantly
- Reach above shoulder level – occasionally
- Twist/turn head – constantly
- Bend over/stoop – frequently
- Climb steps/ladder – occasionally
- Kneel/squat - occasionally
- Temperature is mostly moderate but includes exposure to refrigerated and freezer area. Temperatures in areas close to the Receiving Department and Front-End, where doors are mostly open, vary depending on the outdoor temperatures.
- Equipment in motion (forklifts, electric pallet jacks, scooters)
I fully understand the responsibilities and qualifications required for this job. Furthermore, I find that I am capable of performing the required functions.
Benefits: 100% Company Paid Medical/Dental Plan and Annuity Program.