At Belk we have a vision to reimagine the department store. As a Sales Associate, you will drive store sales and metrics through providing excellent customer service to each customer. Drive sales through the execution of customer facing merchandising standards throughout the store. Ensure new receipts are merchandised in a way that aligns with our brand, appeals to our customer, and encourages her to buy. Most importantly, you will work closely on a team that cares for our customers in an environment where we thrive by winning together. Positions available on our sales team consists of Sales Associates and Guest Experience* or Guest Services* Associate roles (*select stores).
• Providing Excellent Customer Service:
• Demonstrating Initiative:
• Focusing on Results:
Minimum Education & Experience:
• No education requirement.
• Experience in retail preferred
Knowledge / Skills Requirements:
• Excellent communication skills.
• Ability to use and learn industry technology preferred.
• Ability to use computer keyboard, touchscreen monitor, handheld devices, standard telephone and other related business equipment.
• Hand manipulation to remove sensor tags
• Ability to push / pull 100-500 pounds when moving stock carts
• Task demands vary in each department because of the different types of merchandise. Stocking requirements can involve reaching above & below shoulder level and lifting 25-50 pound boxes.
What to Expect
At Belk, we offer meaningful work, generous opportunities and rewards you’ll love.
What We Value
We make it a priority to create an environment that’s inclusive and empowering for all of our associates. We encourage people to learn and grow. We accept one another for what makes us unique, working together as one. We believe in results. And we value integrity.