The Administrative Assistant provides office services by implementing administrative systems, procedures, and policies, and monitoring administrative projects. The ability to multi-task, while maintaining complex schedules and managing administrative support, is essential in this position. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
Performs office work directly related to manufacturing and sales. May assist with Human Resources, Accounting, and Shipping.
Duties and responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Ensures that the telephone is answered properly and messages are handled courteously, accurately and in a timely manner.
· Greet visitors and customers.
· Support departments with scanning and storing documents.
· Document absences and time off requests, and communicates with supervisors.
· Sort and distribute mail.
· Receive and distribute incoming shipments for the office.
· Data entry for multiple departments.
· Update and maintain spreadsheets.
· Provide assistance and backup for shipping.
· Oversee facilities maintenance for the office.
· Maintain files, binders, and office supply inventory.
· Provide general support to management and staff.
· Other tasks and responsibilities as required by management.
Skills and Qualifications
· Experience with Microsoft Word and Excel a must.
· Thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Experience in a manufacturing office environment preferred.
· Must be dependable, reliable, and flexible.
· Display a positive and proactive attitude, strong organizational skills, and have the ability to prioritize.
· Willing to learn the product and be able to offer excellent customer service as needed.
· Must have data entry experience.
· Exceptional attention to detail, problem solving, and organizational skills.
· Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
· The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects.