Purpose of Position:
The position will be responsible for all aspects of preparing metal parts for application of powder coating to assemble low and medium voltage switchboard and switchgear assemblies. They will also oversee all aspects of metal fabrication.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. All essential functions are in addition to your normal job requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining all equipment and systems associated with powder coat line in full functioning operational order.
- Responsible for maintaining proper balance of chemicals and treatments required to treat metal in preparation of powder coating process.
- Track and document usage of water, chemicals and powder to ensure compliance with environmental regulatory requirements.
- Work with scheduling to stage parts thru powder coating to properly support production needs.
- Manage, order and track materials needed to fully operate powder line. This includes powder, chemicals, room filters, safety equipment, etc.
- Strong aptitude and ability to come up with creative solutions to problems.
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Train designated personnel on powder system operations, fabrication equipment and the various components.
- Maintain high quality standards for all powdered products.
- Supervises a team responsible for the fabrication of metal, copper, phenolic and other parts to assemble low and medium voltage switchboard and switchgear assemblies.
- Must be experienced in operation of industrial CNC fabrication equipment, including shear, turret punch, press brake, bus bar cutter, punch and forming machines.
- Understand mechanical fabrication drawings including metal flats, acad orthographic drawings, Solidworks packages, etc…
- Basic welding skills.
- Setting schedule to maintain material fabrication output to support plant assembly lines.
- Performs other duties which may be required by supervisor.
- Team Leadership Experience
- Communication Proficiency
- Employee Training Experience
- Motivation Skills
- Process Improvement
Education and Experience:
- 4-year college or technical degree is preferred, or 3 years of relevant job experience.
- Experience in metal fabrication shop using mechanical equipment.
- Welding experience is a plus.
- Experience operating a paint line.
Activities: Sitting - 25%; Walking/Standing - 75%
Lifting: Frequently lift up to 50 lbs.
Bending: Must be able to bend, squat, crawl and climb.
Vision: Long periods of close work on small fonts and fine print on drawings and ability to see small or detailed items.
Mental Demands: Interpret, analyze, research and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Environment: Shop/warehouse. Not climate controlled. Exposure to excessive heat and cold, wet/humid conditions, noise/vibration, hazards, dust and fumes.
At IEM, we pride ourselves in setting and raising the bar for innovation in the electrical distribution industry. From advanced engineering and technologies, to our parallel manufacturing process, quality control practices and experienced management, IEM is making a difference and so can you.
Our success depends on cultivating the diversity and skills that our employees bring to our business. We offer challenging projects, collaboration with smart people and an inventive culture. IEM employees appreciate working in an autonomous environment that fosters creativity and individual growth.
We’re looking for talented individuals who consistently go the extra mile for a project, client and colleague, people who are committed to continuous professional growth.