Our Optometry Office is hiring an medical administrative assistant to help our expanding team in a variety of optical, optometry and administrative roles and responsibilities.
The right candidate will have experience with insurnace billing, optical sales, check-in and check-out procedures and is able utilize optometry pre-testing equipment and electronic medical records. You should be both personable and professional to assist our optometrists and opticians with providing exceptional patient care together with the sale of eye glasses.
- Provides exceptional customer service to patients by greeting and helping them; performing pre-testing procedures; scheduling appointments; maintaining records and accounts and assisting optometrist as directed.
- Assists in the sales process by helping patients select fashionable eye wear that fits their fashion and lifestyle.
- Has experience pulling and verifying vision and medical insurances and submission of claims, together with reconciliation.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Assists patients with selecting fashionable eye glasses and sunglasses that fits their lifestyle
- Understands sales strategies and sales metrics.
- Has a history of excelling in a sales environment.
- Optimizes patients' satisfaction, scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient's arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients' anxieties; answering patients' questions; maintaining office area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies.
- Protects patients' rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Customer Service
- Retail Experience
- Appreciation for Fashion
- Telephone Skills
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Technology Proficient
- Quality Focus