Join a team of more than 32,000 team members, comprised of our home office and over 229 clubs and 7 distribution centers. We’re committed to delivering value and convenience to our Members, helping them save every day on everything they need for their family and home. BJ’s Wholesale Club offers a collaborative, team-oriented environment where all team members can learn, grow and excel.
Stocks, rotates, and stores general merchandise and/or food in the club. Ensures that all merchandise is clearly labeled and fully stocked. Maintains the neat and clean environment of the club by removing all trash and debris from the store.
- Carry out job functions and responsibilities as assigned. Support the application of club policies, procedures and compliance.
- We strive for flawless execution and hold ourselves accountable.
- Acts with honesty and integrity and lead with the member in mind to address all concerns and to escalate any concerns, as appropriate.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment for our members and each other.
- Embrace inclusion and diversity, by working together with collaboration and respect. Work as a team to achieve goals.
- Move with speed and agility in everything we do.
- Innovate and adapt so we can move as fast as the world around us.
- Maintain a friendly and positive attitude.
- Deliver service excellence through all points of contact.
- Resolve and deescalate to address every member concern.
- Ensure a safe and positive environment and experience for the members.
- Daily commitment to GOLD Member Standards
- Greet, Anticipate, Appreciate (GAA)
- Fast, Friendly Full, Fresh, Clean
Club Standards: Work as a team to deliver GOLD club standards daily.
- Work with commitment and pride to deliver GOLD- Grand opening look daily
- All items stocked and promotional plans executed
- Maintain visible accurate signage
- Clean and organized, inside and out
Know your Business:
- Understand how to access and read production and/or financial performance reporting for your department
- See the connection between consistent execution and the positive impact it can have on the business
Major Tasks, Responsibilities, and Key Accountabilities
- Stocks, rotates, and stores general merchandise and/or food. Ensures that all merchandise is fully stocked.
- Maintains display signage for all products. Creates labels and/or applies merchandise sales tags to items. Ensures all product labels and price tags are clear and visible.
- Handles damaged goods and spoiled products in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Ensures the club is neat, clean, and organized. Performs general housekeeping duties, including removing trash and cardboard from the club.
- Maintains all club policies and procedures.
- Completes and maintains necessary training and annual safety re-certifications to effectively operate a forklift.
- Performs other duties as assigned, including working in other departments as needed.
- Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of this job.
- Previous grocery/stock experience preferred.
- Big box/wholesale retail experience preferred.
- At least 18 years of age.
Environmental Job Conditions
- Most of the time is spent moving about continuously on hard surfaces. There may be a need to frequently position oneself to examine and/or scan merchandise, including bending, climbing, crawling, handling, pulling, reaching, and stooping.
- Continuously requires lifting objects up to 30 pounds. May require lifting and moving heavy and/or awkward objects more than 30 pounds with assistance.
- Usually in a comfortable indoor environment surrounded by moving machinery and/or loud equipment that may require shouting in order to be heard. There could be exposure to temperature extremes from freezers, ovens, and/or coolers.
- There may be occasional exposure to cleaning agents.