Triad Financial Services has a in-office opportunity for a Bilingual Collector in our Jacksonville, FL offices. This position has a rotating schedule allowing for some days and some evenings and only 1 half-day Saturday per month. The schedule is set up to work 3 days from (8a to 5p) and 2 days from (11a to 8p). The base pay rate begins at $19.50 per hour and there is potential for up to $800.00 per month in bonuses.
You are responsible for the effective servicing of early to late stage delinquent loans by utilizing collection techniques, strategies, and the exploration of investor, state and company foreclosure alternatives to mitigate losses. This position reports to a Collections Supervisor and services accounts that are 30 or more days past due. This individual will primarily interact with delinquent customers, internal departments in the course of delinquency management, loss mitigation and foreclosure/replevin actions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answer high volume of inbound calls from and/or generate high volume of outbound calls to delinquent borrowers
- Resolve delinquent accounts by demanding and collecting the full amount due, establish a solid plan with the borrower to bring the loan current, or proceed with hardship assistance as appropriate
- Counsel borrowers on options for meeting their payment obligations, explain terms, and arrange repayment plans based on the department’s procedures
- Discuss financial status, review monthly income and expenses and determine the reason for non-payment
- Document mortgage collection systems with all activities and communications
- Send Notice of Defaults (NODs) to customers when required
- Offer Loss Mitigation assistance when appropriate, explain options and processes in detail
- Demonstrate accurate knowledge and strict application of federal regulations and collection laws (FDCPA)
- Skip trace accounts when identified or submitted by the Collections Supervisor or Collections Director. The Skip Trace task is preformed using various free websites such as; Reverse Search, White pages, Anywho.com etc.
- Process mortgage payments in accordance with established guidelines
- Utilize proper protocol for borrowers, clients, state and federal regulations, as well as best practices
- Follow up on calls and emails to customers and clients as needed for the resolution or clarification of issues.
- Consistently meet or exceed monthly goals
- Be flexible with their time and schedule in order to meet the needs of the business
At Triad Financial Services, we: offer a promote from within culture, work life balance, opportunity for professional advancement, 401K Matching, Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance, FSA, and competitive compensation including: monthly, quarterly and yearly bonuses based on position. 15 PTO days + 7 paid holidays. Apply Now to join our Team!
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Solid PC skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Communication skills with demonstrated ability to interact in a positive and professional manner at all times with all levels of both internal and external audiences
- Ability to negotiate with others and demonstrate assertiveness and empathy when necessary to obtain favorable resolutions
- Ability to understand and explain financial matters, details of modifications /deferrals/ extensions and foreclosures, etc.
- Knowledge of Billing and Collections procedures and Fair Debt Collection Practices Act
- Must be goal oriented
- At least 1 year of telephone customer contact experience
- Ability to present a professional image to customers, coworkers and external contacts
- Excellent verbal and written skills to communicate and negotiate with parties
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and work well under deadlines
- MSP experience is a plus