Responsible for picking customer orders selected directly from primary product locations within the production areas. Also responsible for boxing customer orders for shipping that have been picked and loaded onto carts. Verifies information on location labels and customer packing lists to maintain high accuracy. Uses a coversheet and cart for voice-directed picking.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Receives coversheet and assigned cart for each series of orders, logs onto the voice system to begin the voice-directed picking process. Moves the cart through the product bin aisles and picks the corresponding products from product bins, places the correct product and quantity into the cart, placing small items into bags or bands together for easier identification.
- Verifies product during the picking process and may verify during the packing process.
- May maintain daily individual production records, which are reviewed by the supervisor, by writing down the time particular tasks are performed.
- After completing the cart, returns cart to staging area and may begin the process of packing the customer orders by verifying products selected for customer orders and checking off as appropriate on packing lists.
- Selects appropriately sized boxes or envelopes for shipment to avoid the bending, crushing, or shifting of items during delivery. Packs all orders neatly and correctly in a box to ensure quality. This involves packing glass items appropriately in bubble wrap, placing small items in a bag, and placing all liquids in a bag, and packing the standing upright. Follows proper packing procedures.
- Reports any error in product selection or quality to appropriate team member or area and/or corrects the order as necessary before shipment.
- Sends along conveyor system to the appropriate location for packing material to be added and the boxes to be sealed, then places packed customer orders on conveyor system to takes to appropriate location for shipment. Special orders are processed using the special order process.
- Disposes of empty boxes and packaging appropriately to maintain safe and clean working conditions.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
In addition to the essential duties and responsibilities listed above, all positions are also responsible for:
- Meeting company standards pertaining to quantity and quality of work performed on an ongoing basis, performing all work related tasks in a manner that is in compliance with all Company policies and procedures including WorldWide Business Standards.
- Adhering to Company policies, procedures, and directives regarding standards of workplace behavior in completing job duties and assignments.
Specialized Knowledge and Skills:
Good reading, writing, math, and computer skills. Good communication (written/verbal) skills. Detail oriented and accountable for making accurate decisions under set guidelines. Good problem-solving skills. Ability to follow instructions, work under stress, and handle multiple assignments. Ability to read fine print and differentiate products with similar characteristics (size, color, vendor code).
Knowledge of basic warehousing operations preferred.
High school diploma or equivalent preferred, or comparable work experience.
Henry Schein, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability that can be reasonably accommodated without undue hardship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, citizenship, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.
About Henry Schein Dental
At the heart of Henry Schein's success are its employees—Team Schein Members ("TSMs").
At Henry Schein, we offer a diverse range of career opportunities and firmly believe that by fostering an environment built on ethics, open communications, mutual benefits, creativity and recognition of the contributions of all Team Schein members—at all levels—we can help ensure that our best years are yet to come.
Life at Henry Schein
Come join the Team Schein family!
Henry Schein is committed to giving back to the community where we live and work and ensuring the health and well-being of its Team Schein Members. Through our Henry Schein Cares Program and in partnership with our Team Schein Members, we are able to provide access to care for underserved and at-risk populations around the world.
Perks and Benefits
Our Benefits Make a Difference
Go ahead...Ignite your Potential! Team Schein fosters an attitude of appreciation for lifelong learning and career progression.
We offer a robust and broad array of affordable benefits that allow you to select a total package that historically has drawn and retained the greatest talent. Your needs are foremost when it comes to PTO, paid holidays, medical and dental insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(k) match and other benefits.
Benefits You'll Love
Full Medical, Dental and Vision coverage
401K Plan with Company Match
Generous Paid Time Off
Work Life Assistance Program
Flexible Spending Accounts
Worldwide Scholarship Program