Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
If you want to work in an environment where you can become your best possible self, join us! You’ll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to grow your career through professional development, as well as ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness.
Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and retirement plans are available and vary by employment status. Additional benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19 vaccination.
Manages the associates responsible for the general operating maintenance and repair of the buildings and grounds to maintain proper care of the assigned community(s) in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards/regulations and company policies.
- Supervises the community maintenance, housekeeping and laundry (if applicable) staff, to include hiring, training, evaluating performance, resolving disciplinary issues and firing.
- Directs workers engaged in the maintenance and upkeep of the interior and exterior of the community. Inspects completed work for conformance to standards and policies.
- Oversees scheduled maintenance on: H.V.A.C., elevator, fire and sprinkler equipment, generator, landscape, kitchen equipment, and emergency pull cord equipment.
- Coordinates maintenance requests by residents for items needing repair in their rooms, including repairing plumbing, electrical, heating and replacing light bulbs.
- Oversees repairs and maintenance of buildings including vacated rooms in a timely manner. This includes painting walls and cleaning carpets.
- Ensures walls, floor coverings, doors, and woodwork in the common areas of the community are properly maintained.
- Maintains positive communication with local fire Marshall, building inspector, state elevator inspector, and any other jurisdictions governing the community.
- Assesses all plumbing and electrical problems within the community and determines the best course of action to correct the problem. Works within the legal scope of local and state codes.
- Reviews safety data sheets (SDS) as requested for potential exposure to hazardous chemicals used and take necessary precautions.
- Assess property damage and file property damage claims in accordance with company policy.
- Responds appropriately to resident or community emergencies by assisting as needed.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or General Education Diploma (GED); and two to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Valid State Driver’s License required for vehicle travel, as needed.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional discipline. Ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage.
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: Up to 50 pounds
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.