Our mission is to train the minds and improve the hearts of young people through a classical education in the liberal arts and sciences, with instruction in the principles of moral character and civic virtue.
We are a tuition-free public charter school, privately managed with our own board of directors.
The Before and/or After School Program Counselor assists the Program Coordinator in facilitating recreational, educational, and/or enrichment activities prior to or after the school day.
This is an hourly, part-time position with work from 6-8am 2-6pm or just after care from 2-6pm Monday through Friday.
- 18+ years old
- Ability to pass a background check (paid for by the school).
- Desire to work with children.
- Act as a positive role model.
- Personable, reliable, dedicated, enthusiastic, patient, and caring.
- Ability to be flexible and responsible.
- Ability to communicate effectively and demonstrate sensitivity to others.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in the facilitation of activities.
- Ensure the safety and security of children enrolled.
- Follow designated schedule and curriculum plan for each day.
- Assist with homework completion.
- Monitor children during the program, helping with facilitation, transitions, snacks, and activity supervision.
- Advise the program coordinator as to what supplies, materials, and other forms of support are needed for activities.
- Assist with the planning and facilitation of special projects and events.
- Comply with all required policies, procedures, and regulations.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- Ability to demonstrate, uphold, and promote in daily interactions a commitment to the school’s mission and vision, and the moral character and civic virtue the school embodies.