We're here for the Makers! Come be a part of the team where innovation and teamwork come together to support the most exciting missions in the world!
Michaels is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are here for all Team Members and all Makers to create, innovate and be better together.
The Material Handler may fulfill multiple roles in the Distribution Center environment to help fulfill overall mission to process Inbound and/or Outbound freight accurately, timely, and safely.
- Performs one or more of a variety of functions in a Distribution Center environment associated with fulfilling orders for retail stores and/or other Distribution Centers. Potential work assignments include Receiving, Labeling, Putaway, Order Picking, Slotting, Replenishment, eComm order fulfillment, Hybrid throwing, Loading, and other “speciality” roles that require additional training/experience (e.g., Inventory Control). May utilize manual and/or powered industrial equipment and/or RF guns to perform work tasks as well.
- Documents production log appropriately to include changes in assignments, downtime, meetings, etc. to ensure productivity records are accurate.
- Completes other assigned duties per business needs.
Other duties as assigned
Minimum Special Certifications or Technical Skills
- Basic computer skills for certain roles
- Ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Basic math proficiency for certain roles
- Good record-keeping skills with attention to details for certain roles
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- High school education or equivalency preferred
Preferred Type of Experience the Job Requires
- Prior use of manual and/or powered industrial equipment preferred
- Basic warehouse and/or Distribution Center knowledge recommended; demonstrated success working in a production environment is helpful
- Frequent lifting and carrying of product weighing 5 to 60 pounds
- Frequent pushing or pulling of material and/or equipment
- Frequent standing when working and when driving powered industrial equipment
- Frequent walking, primarily in the warehouse
- Regular reaching, bending, stooping, kneeling and twisting
- Repetitive motion and substantial movement of the wrists, hands and/or fingers
- Exposure to extreme temperatures dependent on external climate and proximity to dock doors/exits
- Moderate noise level from DC conveyor/sortation system and powered industrial equipment
- Occasional vibration if/when operating powered industrial equipment
- Potential exposure to fumes and airborne particles
Applicants in the U.S. must satisfy federal, state, and local legal requirements of the job.