Summary: This position is responsible for the daily administrative support of Human Resources. The position’s responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting employees and public with personnel information, interpretation of personnel policies and procedures, maintenance of personnel files, employee recruitment, training and benefits administration.
Qualifications/Requirements: Minimum qualifications include a bachelor’s degree. The candidate must successfully complete all pre-hire screenings. The candidate must also pass level II background screening and re-screen every five years. Qualified candidates also:
- Must be able to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and technical terminology
- Must have proficiency and experience in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook
- Must be well organized and have exhibit strong time management skills
- Must be able to prepare documents and other records in a systematic, neat, legible and accurate manner
- Must be able to follow and apply company policies, rules and regulations
- Must demonstrate knowledge the principles and practices of personnel administration with the ability to apply according to organizational policy and procedures
- Must be able prioritize multiple tasks/projects and rely on judgment and experience to plan and accomplish goals efficiently and accurately
- Must be able to communicate on multiple levels using a variety of methods effectively with employees and applicants.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Job requires employee to handle employee issues quickly and satisfactorily
- Job requires employees create and maintain HR files as well as audit files regularly to ensure that all employee documentation is collected and maintained accurately
- Job requires employee to administer various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assists in the implementation of personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains the employee handbook and policies and procedures manual
- Job requires employee to maintain Human Resource Information System records and compiles requested reports from the database
- Job requires employee to conduct recruitment efforts for all exempt and nonexempt personnel, students, and temporary employees; posts positions, conducts pre-employment screenings and completes reference checks; assists with new-employee orientations;
- Job requires employee to assist in providing/preparing information for annual agency monitoring(s)
- Job requires employee to assist in benefit administration to include open enrollments, pension/401k distributions, claims resolution, change reporting, approving invoices for payment and communication benefit information to employees
- Job requires employee to assist in organizational training, development and employee morale
- Job requires employee to develop and maintain affirmative action program; files EEO-1 report annually; maintains other records, reports; and logs to conform to EEO regulations
- Job requires employee to participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars; and maintains company organization charts and employee directory
- Job requires assistance in HR scheduled employee events. Scheduling, planning, implementing events throughout the year.
- Job requires employee to maintain compliance with all applicable federal and state regulations
- Job requires employee to be able to perform other duties as assigned
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- General Hours of operation are Monday through Friday; 8:30a.m. – 5:00p.m.
- Due to circumstances that may arise, overtime maybe required at times. In all cases, overtime must be pre-approved by your supervisor.
- Must be able to see both near and far.
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds with minimal effort following required safety guidelines.
- Must be able to tolerate changes in temperatures.
- Must be able to work in an office environment.
- Must be able to bend or stoop frequently at many intervals during the day.
- Must be able to twist and rotate 180 degrees during each day.
- Must be able to sit and work on the computer for at least 8 hours a day.
- Must be able to handle stress when confronted with emergency situations with which speed is essential.
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Anyone who is interested a position is encouraged to apply.